Incentives are offered to participants (Project Sponsors) who install energy efficient retrofit projects in commercial and industrial facilities. This program also accepts new construction projects, which exceed minimum energy efficiency standards.
A qualifying facility will be one with a peak demand of at least 100 kW at a single site or a combined peak demand of at least 250 kW at multiple sites. Each project must achieve a minimum summer peak demand reduction of 20 kW or 120,000kWh.
Incentives are paid to project sponsors for verified demand and energy savings. Project sponsors may be any company, contractor, or customer who installs energy efficiency measures.
For more information, please email our program contact at cisop@CenterPointEnergy.com.
Sponsor Participation Process
- Register to participate as a project sponsor using EnerTrek.
- Use EnerTrek to develop and submit a Project Application and request funding for your project
- Enter into a Standard Agreement with CenterPoint Energy and submit an application deposit
- Install proposed measures
- Use EnerTrek to submit an Installation Report and request an initial payment
- Use EnerTrek to submit a Savings Report and request the final payment
- Paid on kW and kWh reductions; vary by measure type
- Initial Payment of 40 percent will be made after measures have been installed and inspected.
- Final payment of up to 60 percent will be made upon approval of the Savings Report.
Measurement and Verification (M&V)
Project sponsors are responsible for conducting all project M&V.
M&V approaches can be classified according to their relative level of detail and rigor; this program involves three distinct M&V approaches:
- Deemed - predetermined energy savings values for particular applications
- Simple M&V - energy savings are based on typical equipment characteristics and some short-term testing or simple metering
- Full M&V - requires project-specific plan developed in accordance with International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol
Additional Program Information